Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fundraising Car Wash


As the hot weather comes to end, I decided that it was a good excuse to put together a fundraising car wash for my campaign and platform before winter came. For the last couple of weeks, I have been planning it by recruiting volunteers, gathering supplies and things to sell, along with finding a location. The Harmon's in Kearns has been so gracious to let us use their parking lot and water supply.
However, the original date of the car wash was September 8th. We had to postpone it to September 15th because of weather conditions.


The beginning was kind of stressful because we were an hour late and by the time we got there and started setting up, there were already 5 cars that arrived! Talk about unpreparedness :(



All of the signs that were used in this car wash was made by my friends. They did such a beautiful job!


Jose's nieces and nephews were so cute! She wanted to hold the signs so bad, so I let them help :)





Everyone was such a good sport about the various things I asked them to do, whether it was washing cars or holding signs on the street.


All of the proceeds from this car wash went to Jose Miranda's family to pay for medical expenses. I was originally going to split half of the proceeds and use it for my helmet safety platform. But I decided that I will fundraise for that at a later time.



We had the girls hold signs on the street and the guys washing cars. Talk about false advertisement. Haha!



It touches me to see a group of people come together for a good cause. A thriving community is one where there is a circle of helping hands.




A sincere THANK YOU to all of my friends who volunteered for this event. Thank you to everyone who took the time to come out to the car wash. And a BIG thanks to Harmon's and 7-11 for letting us use their parking lot and water system. Your time and efforts did not go to waste. It's amazing how much you can accomplish with a team. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment