Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Fundraising Dinner and Dance for AMH Breakfast Feeding Program


My pageant director, Agnes Higley is the founder of the AMH Breakfast Feeding Program in the Philippines. Her organization raises money that makes it possible for underprivileged elementary students to get fed once a week. Her thought process behind this is, "How can children focus in school if they're concentrated on how hungry they are?"

She decided to host a Valentine's fundraising dinner and dance at the Red Lion Hotel. After I told her I would be attending, she invited me to be the co-emcee along with Duy Beck.







We also had a wonderful group of performers who donated their talent for the entertainment portion. My 1st runner-up, Nyomy Obcemea and her siblings performed a couple songs and blew everyone away with their talent. Agnes also got up on stage herself and performed a lovely dance with her "Timber Girls." Joseph Buenaflor stopped by and graced us with his voice. My little sister also came by after work to showcase her Vietnamese fan dance.




The turnout was great! We had people who drove all the way from Vernal and Roosevelt!




We also had a great selection of raffle prizes and silent auction items. I couldn't believe all of the items were donated. The support and donations are very heartwarming :)




I had fun working with Duy! We make a pretty awesome team :)


Angelica was in attendance! She put up some baskets up for auction and brought strawberries to sell to help her raised money for the journey to Miss Philippines Earth.



My boyfriend is such a trooper. He sacrificed our anticipated private Valentine's evening so I could help out a good cause.



 





My lovely pageant sisters helped out with the raffle.




Mad love for my Filipino family :)





We also crowned a Mr. and Mrs. Valentines along with the Most Romantic Couple. These pairs earned it! Congrats!


Thank you for having us, Agnes! And congratulations on such a successful event :)

No comments:

Post a Comment