Friday, March 7, 2014

Diversity Day @ the Utah State Capitol



Josie Valdez, a member of the Utah Democratic Party, planned a Diversity Day event at the Utah State Capitol. This is the second year that they have done this on the hill. She contacted Agnes in an effort to invite various cultural pageant titleholders to attend to showcase the diversity in Utah.


Agnes had told me that Josie requested if one of us could deliver the Pledge of Allegiance at the beginning of the ceremony. I was honored to do so...and the good thing was, I still remembered how to recite it from elementary!


This adorable little girl and her mom requested to take a photo with us.



We had a wonderful program of Venezuelan performers for the entertainment portion. They raised awareness about the political dangers that are taking place in their country.


Us with the lovely Josie Valdez. Thank you for inviting us to take part in this wonderful event!


I haven't been to the Utah State Capitol in forever! I distinctly remember these steps from field trips in elementary and high school dances.


Everyone who wanted to take a picture with us was so sweet. I wish more titleholders could make it, but I know that most of them had school or work. I see this event becoming more and more successful in the future!


The weather was just perfect for Brenda and I to take pictures outside of the Utah State Capitol. It was a little windy though. We managed to get a couple good shots :)


My godmother informed the morning after that we made the front cover of the Salt Lake Tribune's Saturday edition. How awesome! I would've never known.

No comments:

Post a Comment