Saturday, March 15, 2014

Miss Asia Utah & Miss Asia Teen Utah 2014 Orientation



It's my honor to announce that I will be part of the director's committee for the Miss Asia Utah & Miss Asia Teen Utah 2014 pageants! We are bringing back the Teen division this year, which has been on a hiatus since 2011. I convinced Agnes and the committee to do this under the condition that my sister (Michelle Nguyen) and I will be focusing on directing the Teen competition so that the rest of them can focus on the Misses.


The Miss Asia Utah 2014 pageant will take place on June 14, 2014 in conjunction with the Utah Asian Festival at the South Towne Expo Center. The teen competition will take place later on in the year, probably sometime in August/September. However, we have decided to have both the Miss and Teen contestants attend rehearsals, workshops, meetings, and activities together to enhance their experience in our program.

We held our orientation meeting on March 15th with a fairly impressive turnout! There were several interested girls who were unable to make it but I have a good feeling about this year. Agnes asked me to speak about the program and go over the logistics of the pageant. I saw a lot of smirks and chuckles from the audience so hopefully I was able to provide a convincing argument for why they should be a contestant.


Our division consists of girls between the ages of 13 to 16 for Teens and 17 to 27 for the Misses. We have a lot of countries that could potentially be represented this year that were absent in the past...such as Pakistan, South Korea, Japan, Hmong, Cambodia, Persia, and Taiwan! I hope that these girls think closely about their decisions because it would be an honor to have them!


And of course...what would orientation be like without the group picture?



Could you tell we had to be there bright and early? I'm excited to get this year's program started! Can't wait to work with all of the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment