Saturday, March 8, 2014

International Women's Expo


Carla Pintado, Miss Hispanidad Utah 2013, invited a bunch of Utah titleholders to participate in a fashion show for the International Women's Expo, hosted by the Hispanic Media Services. This was in conjunction to the International Women's Day. I was excited to see my fellow sister queens again!





As you can see, we have a lot of fun with one another. While we were waiting in the dressing rooms and passing the time, we decided to take a bunch of pictures :)


I was about invited to speak about my personal platform regarding helmet safety education, advocacy, and awareness. I decided to dig up some of the Spanish phrases that I remembered from college as well :)



Our first fashion show was called the "Parade of Queens" with the guest titleholders. We had Brianna Collins (Miss Native American SUU), Whitney Matagi (Miss Pacific Islander Utah), Carla Pintado (Miss Hispanidad Utah 2013), me, Bailey Johnson (Miss Davis County), Laura Swanson (Miss Utah International), Lavina Yellowman (Miss Utah Navajo), Boneet Kaur (Miss Asia Utah), Jenny Tran (Miss Vietnam Utah), and Jawahir Ahmed (Miss Africa Utah)



The second fashion show was the "Parade of Cultures." We changed into our cultural outfits for this segment.




Always a good time with these girls. Thanks for putting it all together, Carla!


No comments:

Post a Comment